A plastic connector for connecting an Internet cable is a very fragile thing. Especially often, when the cable is regularly connected to various devices, the locking tab of the connector breaks. Such a breakdown leads to the fact that the detachable connection is not fixed, so the connector pops out of the socket at the slightest movement of the cable. Today I will tell you how quickly you can fix the situation with two ordinary cable ties.
Important! This method should be considered as a temporary solution and is suitable exclusively for home use.
In addition to two small cable ties, you will need the following tool:
- Sharp knife.
- Pliers or a special gun for tightening cable ties.
The size of the couplers is of great importance: the width of the head must exactly match the width of the top of the socket. Empirically, I picked up the size of the head - it is 4.3 mm. Such a coupler enters the nest with the usual click, and when you try to pull it out of your tie, you feel good resistance.
Connector Latch Repair Procedure
The device of the new tongue on the connector is made in the following order:
- We cut one screed about 4.5 cm long from the head.
- With a knife, the head is cut so that a flat end is obtained.
- For the design to work properly, the billet of the tongue must be properly bent. Do it as shown in the photo.
- To fix the tongue, a second cable tie is used, which is tightened around the cable with pliers or a gun.
Now it remains to adjust the length of the tongue so that it reaches the broken head of the connector and spring due to the free (lower) end.
Done! Now you can use the connector by inserting it into the connector until it clicks.
Original article in English