Egg dishes are loved by many. But sometimes the usual recipes get bored, and then I want to try something new. In this case, it is desirable that the calorie content of breakfast or dinner does not increase. All these conditions are met by an airy, lush, tasty dish called "Cooked omelet in a bag." It is prepared without vegetable and butter, has a delicate texture and a more rich taste than standard hard-boiled or soft-boiled eggs. Such an omelet is being prepared quickly and does not require special culinary skills. Try it and see for yourself!
To prepare one or two servings of boiled omelet in a package you will need:
- 3 eggs;
- 150 ml of fresh milk;
- salt and spices to taste.
You can also add to the mixture of eggs and milk any greens that you like. It is especially tasty with dill, arugula, basil or green onions.
Cooking omelet in a bag
We sequentially perform the following actions:
1. We put a medium-sized pot on the fire, pre-filling it with water in two-thirds of the volume.
2. Beat eggs with salt with a whisk or a submersible mixer until foam with bubbles forms.
3. Pour milk into the bowl and continue whisking. The mass will remain liquid, but slightly increase in volume, gain airiness and splendor.
4. If we cook an omelet with greens, finely chop it and add it to the mixture of milk and eggs immediately after whipping.
5. Pour the egg and milk base for the omelet into a bag and tie it in a knot, leaving free space.
6. Carefully immerse the bag in boiling water and cook for 15 minutes. You can cover the pan with a lid.
7. We take out the bag with the finished dish from the water, cut it, gently let off the steam and put the omelet on the prepared plate.
- For boiling, use two unpainted packages, enclosing one of them in the other. This will prevent the omelet from flowing out if polyethylene is damaged.
- At the end of cooking, untie the knot carefully so as not to burn yourself with hot steam. It is better to do this with gloves or pre-pierce the film with a knife so that the steam comes out in a thin stream.
- If you wish, you can add the remnants of the dinner to the omelet: chopped meat, sausage cut into small pieces, as well as cheese or tomatoes. This will increase the nutritional value of breakfast, make it more satisfying, but the calorie content will also increase.
- Serve the omelet boiled in a bag immediately after cooking, after waiting about five minutes. It is especially delicious when freshly prepared. The dish can be supplemented with greens and vegetable slices. In this case, it will become not only the main component, but also the decoration of your breakfast.