Lightly salted herring with spices and pickled onions is a classic Russian appetizer. Few cook marinated herring at home, but in vain! It turns out no less tasty, and most importantly - safe. You yourself can evaluate the quality of the fish after defrosting, add exclusively safe and natural ingredients to the marinade. Try to cook a slightly salted herring at home and you will definitely not be disappointed! A step-by-step recipe with a photo will help to create a fish appetizer quickly and very tasty!
To prepare salted herring, you will need such components:
- hops-suneli - 1 tsp;
- frozen herring - 1 pc.;
- dried parsley - a pinch;
- water - 1 l;
- vinegar - 1 tbsp;
- salt - 2.5 tbsp .;
- a mixture of peppers - 1/2 tsp;
- sugar - 1 tsp
1. First you need to cut frozen herring. It is best if the herring is slightly frostbitten. It is necessary to remove the insides, head and tail, cut the fins with a sharp knife. In this case, there was caviar in the herring, which can be left and also salted together with the fish.
2. Place the fish in a deep container. Add vinegar and sugar.
3. Add spices to taste. It is best to take suneli hops and pure ground coriander with nutmeg.
4. Pour salt.
5. Pour fish with cold water. Stir all the marinade ingredients. Cover the container with the fish lid and send to the refrigerator for two days.
6. Ready fish should be removed from the marinade, slightly dried. Cut herring into small cubes and put on a dish. Sprinkle fish with olive oil and - serve!
7. When serving, you can add herring with crispy pickled onions. Bon Appetit!
Pickled herring in a spicy marinade is a juicy, tender and incredibly tasty appetizer with a universal serving. Such a dish can be easily prepared at home in just fifteen minutes! In this way, you can cook not only slightly salted herring, but also pike, mackerel, sea bass, smelt.
- Cooking time: 15 min + 48 hours.
- Output: 1 pc
- Calorie content: 161 kcal / 100 grams, BZHU - 16.2 / 10.3 / 0.