Everyone who washed the gas stove knows very well how difficult it is to wash dried fat and carbon deposits. And if you have not washed the hob for more than a month, then this is generally a huge and time-consuming process. It’s most difficult to wash the grates of the stove, since they always heat up and any food that gets on them immediately burns and seems to eat into the surface. Over time, they become very black and lose their attractive appearance.
I will show a very simple way how to clean the grilles and give them an almost new look without much effort. However, of course, the method is not very fast, due to the fact that there will be a soaking process, but it certainly will not require extra forces from you. The result, believe my experience, is definitely worth it.
- Plastic bags with a ZIP lock (or any other fit as well).
- Ammonia (ammonia) - sold in a pharmacy.
We clean the grill plates in a simple way
We remove the grilles from the stove and put them temporarily on top of each other. It will not be superfluous to shake large crumbs from them.
We put each lattice in its own package.
Now prepare a solution of ammonia. We take 0.5 liters of water and add 1 tablespoon of ammonia to it. Be careful, use gloves. We mix everything.
Now pour about 50-100 ml of solution into each bag. Close the zip latch.
Leave for 8 hours.
As time passes, we open the bags, take out the grilles and, using detergent, wash my rough sponge under warm water.
Even a one-year soot is washed one or two. The fact is that in a closed bag an increased concentration of ammonia vapor in the air is formed. These pairs penetrate perfectly into soot, even the most dried, and soak it well.
8 hours is of course a great time, so if you go somewhere for a long time, then soak the grates in this way. Personally, I do this before work and when I return, I wash them. You can also do soaking overnight.
- If you do not have ammonia, you can use alcohol or a detergent containing it. The result will certainly be, but not quite the same as when using ammonia. You can also recommend using vinegar in its pure form or a solution of acetic acid, also a worthy option.
- All lattices can be soaked in one more package, although I noticed that the result is better when everyone is lying alone.
- In such a wonderful way it is very good to clean the gas burners, so the method is quite universal.