Quite often you can see a socket torn out with a wall from the wall, especially if the wall is concrete or reinforced concrete. This usually happens due to a violation of the installation technology of such parts of electrical equipment, but a time factor is also possible. As a result of such a defect, not only the perception of the interior of the house or apartment suffers, but there is a real danger of short circuit and electric shock to people.
For the correct installation of the outlet box and outlet, you will need the simplest tools, materials and skills. Any adult can handle such work.
If the torn socket and the socket are not broken and you are satisfied with the design of the visible part of this electrical point, then they can be installed again after inspection, cleaning and preparation of the socket. Otherwise, the components of this electrical unit should be replaced with new ones. We will also need:
- construction alabaster;
- voltage indicator;
- self-tapping screws;
- narrow spatula.
The installation process of the socket and sockets
This work is best done in the following sequence:
1. Before you begin to dismantle the old outlet box, it is necessary for safety to disconnect the voltage at the input electrical panel and check its absence at the contacts of the outlet using a voltage indicator.
2. Dismantle the old box and remove from the nest the remains of alabaster or gypsum and other debris with a spatula, brush and other suitable devices.
3. If the length of the wire allows, we trim the charred ends, clean them again, check the integrity of the insulation and pull the wire out so that it does not interfere in the future.
4. After finishing the preparation of the wire, we begin to try on the outlet box and prepare it for installation in the socket.
To do this, we check the possibility of free entry of the wire, and also decide in which position to mount the box, since the position of the outlet will depend on this: horizontal or vertical. It is better if the box will have spikes on the outside, which provide more solid fastening in frozen alabaster. It is more reliable to fix the socket with self-tapping screws, for which special holes are provided on the socket.
Then there is no need for spacers, which can be removed or simply left without use. Sometimes on the box there are protruding parts with which it connects to other boxes, if a group installation is provided. With a single installation, the antennae, if they interfere with the entry of the box into the socket, are easily removed with wire cutters.
5. After trying on and preparing the box for installation in the nest, we once again check and remove the newly appeared debris and moisten the inside of the nest with water using a brush.
6. We begin to prepare an alabaster solution and, until it has frozen, fill it with a nest and put a box in it.
To adjust the installation of the box in the nest, there is only one minute, after which the alabaster will seize and there will no longer be such an opportunity. The final solidification of the solution will take 10-15 minutes.
7. While the alabaster is set, you can scrape off its excess from the wall and glue the wallpaper with PVA glue.
8. After setting the alabaster, we connect the wires to the outlet, trying not to allow them to excess kinks, as old aluminum wires can easily break.
9. When the socket is connected, we put the wires and the socket itself in the box and screw it with screws to the box.
10. Now you can apply voltage to the outlet and check its presence with an indicator.
Using the same device, we check the absence of phase on a damp wall, which indicates that the wires are well insulated.
11. Close the socket with a lid and check that it is firmly held on the box, and that, in turn, is in the socket.
After that, the socket can be used without restrictions for a very long time, if you make it a rule to hold the lid with your hand when pulling the plug out of the socket.