Compared to other seafood, pollock has a low price, while the list of useful properties that it possesses is no less than expensive varieties of fish. Pollock is a powerful antioxidant, contains a lot of protein and iodine, potassium, phosphorus, vitamin A, vitamin PP, is rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Thanks to all these components, pollock is useful for people of any age.
There are many cooking options for this fish. However, given that pollock is somewhat dry and relates to dietary products, it is important to choose the right way to prepare it. The batter, just in time, comes to pollock, makes it juicy, tender and very tasty.
Ingredients that will be needed to prepare the Golden Fish:
- Headless pollock - 800 grams (you can take the finished fillet).
- Kefir - 100 grams.
- Flour - 3 tablespoons.
- Egg - 1 piece.
- Vegetable oil for frying.
- Lemon - 1/3 part.
Step by step recipe for pollock
1. If the fish was purchased frozen, then before cutting, you must properly defrost it. Any fish in the refrigerator is defrosted, and in no case is a microwave oven or a stream of tap water used. Thawing fish at room temperature is also wrong. First you need to cook the pollock fillet. To do this, cut off the tail and fins, clean the fish from the insides, wash, dry a little with kitchen towels, cut along, remove all the bones well, remove the skin and cut each plate in half. So, from one fish, 4 pieces of medium size are obtained.
2. Sprinkle pollock fillet with lemon juice and let stand for 10 minutes. An important point - the fish should be sprinkled with lemon juice, and not water it with them. Along with the fact that lemon eliminates the smell of fish, gives the fish a delicate taste and aroma, the juice of this citrus reduces the amount of protein in the raw product.
3. Meanwhile, you can cook batter.
Beat the egg, whisk it a little with a whisk, add kefir, flour, salt a little.
Mix everything well so that there are no lumps left. By consistency, the batter should resemble sour cream.
4. Salt a little fish (it is important not to overdo it, as it is also present in batter). Pour vegetable oil into a pan, heat, dip each piece of fish in a batter and put to fry. It is necessary to fry for 7-10 minutes on low heat. Do not save oil.
It is better to put the finished fish then on napkins and let them absorb the excess fat.
5. "Goldfish" can be served with mashed potatoes, stewed vegetables or any kind of porridge.