To create a pastel painting depicting a salt horse, you do not need any special artistic skills. However, such a small "work" made by yourself will be a great gift.
We will need:
- A3 sheet
- Pencil and eraser (pencil must be taken hard)
Instructions for implementation:
1. First, you need to identify on the sheet, where approximately all parts of the horse's face will be located. This is done with light strokes so that, if necessary, all unnecessary lines can be easily erased.
2. Now, gently erase all the excess and pick up the pastel. It is important that the pastel be of medium hardness, since it is too hard for us to create smooth overflows of the golden hair of the horse, and soft one is not suitable for mane.
We start to hatch. Usually, the pastel is hatched from the very top of the future painting, so as not to get your hands dirty and grease lines on paper. The top of the eye sockets should be shaded with a light orange color, while shading the hard lines with the little finger (we will mix all the colors of this picture with each other using shading). The horse's forehead should be painted with pale yellow pastel, adding a little white glare.
3. Gradually, we begin to hatch the entire face of the salt horse, blending together all kinds of shades of orange, yellow, pink, coral. With all this, a pretty beautiful picture is slowly starting to turn out.
4. We turn to the eyes of the horse. First, we designate the places where there will be glare, while you need to draw small circles in the eyes so as not to accidentally paint over them. Add a little bluish and green to the still black eyes, which will add a special depth to the look of the mysterious horse. We paint the nostrils, using not only black, but also sand, blue colors.
5. We draw a mane. To do this, first draw a contour of the horse’s mane with a thin line, shade it, line again, shade it again. After we take the blue and green crayons and draw separate hair (no longer shading). Add some white highlights to the golden hair of the horse.
6. In conclusion, it remains for us to shade the background of our work. This is done with light strokes of various warm shades of yellow, orange, purple and green. Feather the resulting lines and that's it - our gorgeous picture is ready!
With the help of such a technique, having trained a little, you will be able to create more complex and beautiful paintings.