The metal bath has a long service life. It is set by the developer at the time of delivery of the finished house or by the owner of the apartment at the time of the acquisition of housing. It is much less likely to change it when repairing, changing the interior. This work is laborious, requires a lot of time and effort. During the replacement period, the apartment is filled with dust. The opportunity to wash disappears. Therefore, people resort to this procedure extremely rarely in exceptional cases.
It is much easier to paint, update the walls of the bath.
This will require quite a bit:
- - 2-3 spray cans of enamel, one of them must be with glossy paint, and the rest with matte,
- - a metal grater, a brush is also suitable or a piece of sandpaper,
- - cleaning powder intended for domestic use,
- - 100 gr. 70% vinegar
- - 1 liter of plain water.
Enamel should have the following characteristics:
- - universal, suitable for different types of surfaces (metal, wood, plastic),
- - intended for indoor and outdoor use,
- - white, but with a cream tint, this one best hides all the flaws, irregularities,
- - quick drying
- - preferably on an acrylic basis,
- - having a high level of resistance to mechanical damage.
It should be noted that 1 spray is enough for 1 full layer of staining. The cover should be dense, uniform, but not thick.
The working process:
1. The bath should be thoroughly cleaned with a metal grater and sandpaper. In good faith you need to go through all the sites. If there are hard swellings that are not amenable to available means, they should be opened with a kitchen knife. Otherwise, with future use, they will burst and spoil all efforts, violate the fresh coating.
2. Then apply the cleaning powder over the entire surface area using a conventional double-sided kitchen sponge, grind.
3. Thoroughly rinse the detergent under the pressure of running water.
4. Leave the bath to dry overnight. Enamel doesn’t lie well on wet walls, there will be swelling and bubbles that will later open, which means they will nullify all efforts.
5. In the morning, wipe the walls with a dry cloth to check if all the liquid has dried and wipe off any dust.
6. Take a spray can of paint. The lower layers should be matte, the upper glossy. Shake it well for 15-20 seconds.
7. The first zilch to produce on a piece of unnecessary newspaper or inside the cap from the bottle. This must be done in order to decant the fluid stagnant at the inlet; it always has a darker shade.
8. Then process the walls in a direction from the edges from top to bottom.
9. Spray the product at a distance of 25-30 cm from the surface. Thus, the optimal girth of the plane will be produced. You need to move slowly, but without delays, otherwise the layer will turn out uneven.
10. Spray until the paint in the bottle is finished.
11. Leave to dry for 20-30 minutes.
12. If the surface of the bath is severely damaged, there are many roughnesses, then another matte layer should be applied.
13. As a finishing touch, apply glossy paint.
14. Leave to dry for 4-5 hours.
15. After the required time has elapsed, dilute the vinegar in water, use a regular sponge to pass the entire surface of the bath, as it should, wetting the walls. This elixir will help the paint to fix better, dry faster.
You can use the bath the next day. In this case, it is necessary to observe some caution, try to avoid mechanical damage. Then she will be able to stay in this state for several years, at least 2-3 years.