Perhaps, dumplings are one of the most revered and international dishes. From a small amount of any minced meat and flour, multiplied by patience and dexterity, you can prepare a fairly large batch of juicy and satisfying meat dumplings, as they are also called in some regions.
For minced meat:
- a) pork and ground beef - only 650 g,
- b) a large onion - 1 pc.,
- c) salt, pepper.
For choux pastry:
- a) very hot water - 1 cup,
- b) sifted flour - 3 cups,
- c) vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. spoons
- g) shallow salt - 1 teaspoon.
Cooking delicious dumplings step by step
1. The easiest way to grind onions to a mushy state is a grater, then add it to the minced meat, like salt and pepper.
2. Mix the mass. Raising and forcefully throwing back into the bowl, beat off the stuffing.
3. While the filling will rest, do the custard test. Pour boiling water into the salted flour, followed by oil. Gently, first with a spoon, and then hands knead the dough.
4. A small piece of a very obedient elastic dough to roll a sausage.
5. Divide it into rectangles of 1.5-2 cm.
6. Dip the cropped sides into the flour, flattening the middle.
7. Roll the workpieces into flat cakes and spread the minced meat on them.
8. Collect the edges of the dumplings - first simply by pinching them. Then walk along the edge again, tucking it with a kind of pigtail.
9. Fold the prepared specimens onto a dusted surface.
10. Salt the boiling water and, spinning it with a spoon (so that the dumplings do not stick together), lower the blanks in boiling water. When all the dumplings pop up, boil them for another 3 minutes.
Dumplings on choux pastry are pleasant and easy to sculpt - the dough is very malleable. Excess workpieces can be frozen for the future by placing them in one layer and only after freezing, transfer the dumplings into a bag for long-term storage.
Traditional serving of dumplings - with butter, sour cream, herbs.