Many craftswomen prefer to make everything with their own hands, especially caskets for needlework. It is very simple, not expensive and original. You can make a casket of exactly the size that is needed, as well as the color that is most preferred by the craftswoman. The model I proposed can be used not only for needlework, but also for jewelry or storage of various collections.
To get started, you need:
- a shoe box or any other as desired;
- self-adhesive paper;
- fabric for exterior decoration;
- fabric for the inside;
- cut out paper drawing;
- two flowers embroidered on the canvas;
- scissors, glue, thread, needle, scotch tape.
1. The first stage of work is the transformation of the lid of the box. To do this, take the lid of the box and gently glue it on both sides. Make sure that there are no bubbles or wrinkles. Then we take a paper drawing and glue it on the cover with glue. Also smooth out by removing air bubbles.
2. We proceed to decorate the box itself. We take the fabric and double it up.
Next, with the help of a thread and a needle, we attach the fabric to the box, carefully smoothing it.
These seams will not be visible, so the length of the seam may be different.
We form the corners and sides of the box.
Some needlewomen prefer to make triangular lateral folds of fabric - outward, but I always hide them inward. In my opinion, it is more beautiful and interesting. And after we have acquired fabric for the box, we can proceed to sewing on the internal fabric. We sew seams from the front side, exactly along the edge of the casket.
We do not stretch the fabric and make it natural folds. At the very bottom of the casket, leave the fabric a bit larger to also form waves. All knots are carefully tied and hidden. We cut the thread with scissors.
3. We proceed to the external decoration of the casket. We cut out the embroidered element from the canvas so that the edges from the picture are 1 cm wider. (F13) We sew the picture with a thread in two additions.
We dissolve the remaining material from the seam to the edge and form an even fringe.
In this case, you can trim and cut individual threads. Sew the element to the box with inconspicuous seams. We try to hide each node and fix it tightly, because we will use the box regularly and nothing should fall off and open. We arrange the second side as well. For the originality of the box, you can sew different embroideries on each side.
Note. If you have other interesting decorative elements, for example, ribbons, beads, beads and much more. You can easily sew them on the box. This will not only ennoble her, but also add sophistication. And if suddenly you don’t have any fabric at all, then the box can simply be pasted with self-adhesive paper and decorated with paper drawings. And on top of the picture sew or stick on beads, beads and simple flowers from ribbons.
4. So our box for handicraft items is ready. Design and implement!