It is incredibly fun and easy to work with grain and cereals. They are easily glued to any surface using PVA glue, dry quickly and are stored for a long time, especially if you cover the picture with a layer of varnish. You can create uniquely beautiful and original work. Today we will tell you how to make an unusual beetle from various grains and seeds.
To perform the work, the following materials should be prepared:
- a tube of PVA glue;
- a blue sheet of paper (or the color you want);
- thick cardboard of rectangular shape;
- image of a beetle;
- a pencil;
- seeds and grains of plants (any, at your discretion).
Step 1. We make the basis.
First, we cut out a rectangular-shaped cardboard. You can take any cardboard box and cut the desired piece of thick cardboard. The thicker it is, the larger the base.
So, we apply a cardboard blank on a sheet of colored paper.
We bend the protruding edges of the paper and glue them with glue or double-sided tape.
The basis for the picture is the head.
Step 2. Transfer the image.
We print out the image of the bug from the Internet (it is better to take a coloring so that the lines are clearly visible).
Cut it along the contour and transfer the image to the prepared color base. Small lines do not need to be particularly drawn, the main thing is to outline the main parts of the insect: the head with antennae, eyes, back, legs and wings.
Step 3. Selection of seeds and grains.
For our work, we chose sunflower seeds, yellow and brown corn, flax seeds, seeds of a grassy vetch plant (legume family), two beans. You can choose completely different components, it is only important that they blend well in color or texture.
Step 4. Gluing the seeds.
1. We take sunflower seeds and we will form the borders of the back (trunk) of the beetle.
To do this, we smear a generous layer of glue according to the graphic pattern. We take one seed and put it one by one on the glue base.
We select only smooth and beautiful grains, since the spoiled ones will not look very aesthetically pleasing in the picture.
2. Glue brown grains of corn on the upper oval near the head, and from white form several interspersed on the back of the bug.
3. Two beans must be glued to the head, in the eye area.
4. Now take the wiki-spring beans.
From them we will form the legs of the insect. It is necessary to generously grease them with glue and gently fill the surface.
You can also make the head of a bug and antennae from these grains.
5. Now flax seeds must be glued to the back.
To do this, generously lubricate the work surface with glue and sprinkle with small brown grains. Just try not to climb on yellow corn.
6. Now you need to carefully examine the work. If there are any flaws, then they should be eliminated. For example, on empty spaces you need to add seeds. If some component is glued crookedly, then it is better to glue it.
Once the glue has dried, the picture can be greased with a layer of varnish. This will protect the seeds from the attack of harmful insects and add an attractive shine to your work.