Surely you should not repeat once again that homemade food is much tastier and healthier than the dishes offered by our catering, since any housewife cooks even the simplest food with a soul and thoughts about those who will eat it. After all, it’s unlikely that anyone would think of preparing home-made dishes to supplement their composition with any artificial colors, flavors and other chemicals that modern industry so diligently treats us with. This is especially true for sausages and other sausages. That's why I want to learn how to cook my favorite foods on my own. Here we decided to start our research with sausages. Just recently we purchased a chilled chicken and, without thinking for a long time, we decided to cook chicken sausages.
It’s better to work hard for the good of your stomach and health than poisoning yourself with an industrial hellish mixture of chemicals. And let these homemade sausages only remotely resemble the taste of their store counterparts, but there can be no doubt in their quality. And for kids this is the most wholesome and “reliable” food.
So, to cook homemade sausages, we prepared the following composition of ingredients:
- chilled chicken (whole) weighing 1.7 kg .;
- fresh milk - approximately 180 ml .;
- 1 chicken egg;
- butter - about 50 g;
- salt - two-thirds of a teaspoon;
- paprika - a teaspoon;
- ground black pepper - a third of a teaspoon;
- mustard - a teaspoon;
- vegetable oil - no more than 2 tablespoons.
For the formation of sausages, we used cling film. It took us an hour and a half to cook homemade chicken sausages.
Now about the cooking process:
Cooking minced meat. First, carefully wash the chicken and disassemble it into “spare parts” (breast, legs, hips, wings). Then we lay aside the wings (they will fit for the broth) and half the chicken breast (the main lover of chicken in our family "staked" it for making julienne). From the other parts of the chicken, we remove the place of collection of the most harmful substances - the skin, and remove all the flesh from the bones (we need it). We use the bones with the wings for the broth.
Now we cut the clean pulp (and it turned out to be about 800 grams) into small pieces and, together with the butter (softened), turn it into minced meat using a blender (a meat grinder will also work).
We mix the egg and part of the milk into the minced meat.
Then we supplement the mixture with spices, seasonings and, thoroughly kneading until smooth, gradually add milk, making sure that the minced meat is not too liquid. It should be calmly held on a spoon, and not spread. We leave the ready sausage meat alone for 30 minutes to insist.
We form sausages. Cut off a piece of cling film (we used a size of 25 cm x 35 cm), put a maximum of 2 tablespoons of minced meat in the form of a strip and carefully wrap, giving the shape of a sausage.
This is perhaps the most difficult in cooking sausages, because you need to try to tamp down the stuffing more tightly, avoiding the formation of voids. The edges of the film are knotted. Done.
We got 12 sausages from the whole stuffing, though not all of them are the same size in thickness and length. But that is not the point.
Cooking sausages. Boil water in a saucepan, add salt and lower the sausages.
After boiling, cook for 10 minutes and, taking out of boiling water, remove the film. Now it remains to fry the cooked sausages in oil until golden brown - so they are even more appetizing.
Although they are good without frying: juicy, tender, aromatic. Help yourself!
In conclusion, some tips on the topic:
- for the preparation of homemade sausages, you can use any meat (pork, turkey, beef, lamb) or combine several types;
- minced meat can be supplemented with any spices and spices (curry, garlic, zira, coriander), and lovers of a variety of tastes can add vegetables (onions, green peas, bell peppers, carrots) or mushrooms, cheese or slices of bacon;
- milk can be replaced with cream or meat broth;
- instead of cling film, a baking bag or foil can be used to form sausages;
- for laying out minced meat on a film, you can use a pastry bag or a plastic bag with a cut corner;
- such sausages can be stored in the freezer for quite a long time.