Using the simple marbling technique described here, your cups can take on new appeal and become the focus of your friends and guests. And we will show how everyone can do this with their own hands.
You will need:
• a cup;
• a roll of paper towels;
• nail polish;
• nail polish remover;
• a spoon;
• container (for example, a plastic disposable plate);
• a glass.
1. Preparation. First, arrange the necessary materials so that they are all at hand. For the sample, you should take several colors and brands of nail polish to experiment a bit with them.
2. Pour water and add nail polish into it.
Pour slightly warm water into a disposable plastic plate, while keeping in mind that you should not pour a lot of water if you want to color only the bottom of the cup (as shown in the figures). Then you can add nail polish to the water. It should be dripped, holding the bottle directly above the surface of the water, and very carefully. This helps to evenly distribute the varnish on the surface of the water. Attention! If the distance between the bottle and the water is too large, the varnish will remain in the water in the form of drops and the picture will turn lumpy and lumpy.
3. Staining the cup. Now take a cup in your hand and drop it into the water. Gently and carefully tilt it to one side or the other so that the varnish evenly covers the entire surface provided for this. This part of the work seems to be the most difficult and requires some practice.
If you are not immediately satisfied with the result of the work, you can quickly and immediately after applying wash it off the cup with nail polish remover, and then try to repeat the whole operation again. And when the result of applying the varnish and the marble pattern on the cup satisfy you, the cup should be left to dry for at least two hours.
1. Work without distractions! Since the varnish is very fast, like a net, it contracts on the surface of the water, you need to work quickly and actively.
2. Try the results with different types of nail polishes! Not every nail polish provides a good result. Some varnishes are distributed evenly over the surface of the water than others. And getting the desired result in this case is just a matter of trial and error.
3. Do not forget about the fresh air! Remember that nail polish gives off toxic fumes. Therefore, you need to work either outdoors or provide adequate ventilation in the room or in the kitchen.
Are you satisfied with the result? Now you can drink your favorite drinks from a new cup with marbled optics!