Salted, fresh mackerel is tasty and healthy. Preparing the product at home is not difficult. If the question “How to salt mackerel?” Arises, then you can use one of two methods. Both the first and second will not take much time and will allow you to enjoy the taste.
For the mackerel ambassador you will need:
- fish. Before cooking, mackerel is not completely thawed;
- Bay leaf;
For option No. 1 - sunflower oil and a container.
For option No. 2 - water and a container.
As containers, cans (glass and from polymeric materials), buckets, pans can be applicable. Whatever packaging is used, it must be airtight.
Option number 1
Cooking brine. In 1 liter of water, dissolve 70 g of salt. Next, fill the brine in the prepared container, add spices and lay the fish. The salt solution should completely cover the carcass. Fish can be either whole or gutted (without a head and entrails).
Ambassador time - 6-7 days. The container is kept at a temperature of 20 degrees Celsius for 24 hours. Next, the capacity is transferred to the refrigerator. In brine, at a temperature of 4-5 degrees Celsius, mackerel is stored for no more than 4 days. If necessary, long-term storage of the product is placed in the freezer.
Option number 2
This option is preferable from the point of view that the product will be ready for consumption quickly. In addition, the fish is portioned, it can be served both in the container and on a plate.
The step-by-step recipe is as follows:
1. Decapitate the carcass.
2. We make two cuts, departing 0.5 cm from the white line of the abdomen, from the upper part to the anus.
3. Remove the skin as in the photo.
4. We plast. To do this, make two sections, removing the vertebral bone.
5. We wash half carcasses under running water.
6. Cut the pieces of the same size.
7. At the bottom of the container pour salt and sugar;
8. Tightly stack the fish;
9. Sprinkle with salt and sugar;
10. If desired, add bay leaf, allspice;
11. Pour in sunflower oil so that the fish is covered.
We send the container to the refrigerator. Mackerel is ready for consumption after 12 hours. Filing can be done in any convenient way. Salted mackerel goes well with green onions and arugula.