Pleasant and refreshing salted cucumbers are always in use at the beginning of the summer season.
There are several culinary secrets to make cucumbers crispy. For the recipe, be sure to use freshly picked fruits or cucumbers that have been stored for no more than two days. Add vinegar half a minute before the dishes are ready. Ordinary table vinegar can be replaced with apple or wine, this makes the taste of cucumbers filled with light fruity notes.
The dish can be served as a cold snack, use cucumbers for cooking summer salads and all kinds of pickles.
Try to cook a wonderful and quick snack using this method, you will need a minimum of costs, time and effort.
Cooking time is 15 minutes.
The output is 0.5 liters.
Calorie content in 100 grams of a dish is 25 kcal.
- fresh cucumbers - 5-6 pcs. (0.5 kg);
- small onion - 1 pc.;
- garlic - 2-3 cloves;
- horseradish leaf - 1-2 pcs.;
- sunflower oil - 1 tablespoon;
- ground black pepper - 1/4 teaspoon;
- dill and parsley - 0.5 bunch;
- fresh basil - 1-2 branches;
- Lavrushka - 1-2 pcs. (optional);
- mustard seed - 1 tablespoon;
- sugar - 1 tablespoon;
- vinegar 9% - 1 tablespoon;
- rock salt - 1 teaspoon;
- water - 1-1.5 cups.
The order and method of preparation:
1. Wash the young cucumbers thoroughly, cut half a centimeter into each edge. Cut the fruits across into two parts, and then each - lengthwise into four parts. Optionally, you can cut the cucumbers into thin circles or salted whole (if the fruits weigh 50-70 g).
2. Finely chopped horseradish leaves and greens. Chop the onion arbitrarily, garlic - into 2-4 parts.
3. Place prepared cucumbers in a pan or stewpan.
4. Add horseradish, herbs, onions and garlic to the cucumbers.
5. Grind dry mustard in grains or partially grind in a coffee grinder.
6. Sprinkle cucumbers with sugar, add salt, pepper, mustard and vegetable oil.
7. Put the pan on a small fire, simmer the cucumbers for 7-10 minutes. If cucumbers produce little juice, add part of the water, let it boil with constant stirring.
8. When the cucumbers become a little softer and their color begins to change, pour in vinegar, turn off the heat, cool. Cucumbers when cooled turn out very crispy.
9. The finished dish can be consumed immediately, or you can put it in a jar, close the lid and let it brew from one hour to a day. The longer pickles are pickled, the more their taste becomes brighter and acquires a pleasant mustard spiciness.