It is not always possible to purchase a natural round for sausages. And then collagen membranes, which consist of protein and are edible, come to the rescue.
Ukrainian sausages should be quite fatty and juicy, so 30% of fat is added to the meat. And one more prerequisite - the meat is not ground into minced meat, but cut into very small cubes.
- collagen membrane with a diameter of 2.5 cm - about 3 m,
- pork with lard - 1300 g,
- salt - 23 g (based on 1 kg of meat you need 18 g of salt),
- garlic - 2-3 cloves,
- pepper to taste.
Cooking the specified amount of sausage will take 2.5 hours.
Step by step recipe
1. Soak the shell in salted water - the collagen immediately softens and will be suitable for filling.
2. Meat and lard should be slightly frostbitten - so they are easier to cut into very small cubes (5 mm each).
3. Weigh the exact amount of salt, and half of the usual salt can be replaced with nitrite (then the sausage will retain the reddish color of the meat).
4. Add salt, garlic, pepper to the meat pieces.
5. All mix and send in the refrigerator for an hour to ripen the meat composition.
6. Prepare a meat grinder - remove the knife with the grill and install a tube for stuffing sausages.
7. Stuff the shell is not tight, tie the ends with a harsh thread and walk through the entire sausage with a sharp needle, piercing the air bubbles.
8. Put the sausage on a baking sheet.
9. Bake it at 200 degrees for 22-25 minutes.
Ukrainian sausages were greasy, retained a beautiful reddish tint due to nitrite salt, and slightly narrowed in volume. You can store such sausage in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Try it, bon appetit!