Each beekeeper is faced with the procedure for processing wax raw materials. This is done in order to get pure wax, which can later be exchanged for wax.
For the processing of wax raw materials, a wax refinery can be made. The principle of operation of such a device is based on heating the wax material to a melting point. The designs of the wax refineries are approximately the same. But the material for their manufacture can be used differently. The most effective, economical and sought-after material for the manufacture of solar wax furnaces is glass.
Sizes of wax refinery can be different. In this case, the wax refinery will be 1 * 0.7 * 0.4 m.
Consider the process of manufacturing a glass solar wax refinery.
1. For work, we need pieces of glass of the same thickness. It is possible to use not whole glasses, but to assemble wax refinery walls from parts. Glass must first be washed and dried.
2. Getting started marking the glass. To do this, we cover the work surface with a dense fabric. Then we spread the glass on the table and use a ruler and a simple pencil to mark the glass blank.
3. Then mark the cut line with a glass cutter.
4. Put the glass on the edge of the table so that the cut line is on the edge. Gently and sharply break off the glass along the cut line.
5. We do this with all the parts for the wax refinery. In total, in this case we need 4 pieces of glass for the walls and 2 pieces for the bottom.
6. To glue the glass parts together, we need transparent silicone and a special gun.
7. Cover the work surface with oilcloth. Then we lay out 2 glasses that will serve as the bottom of the box. We glue both glasses with silicone.
8. Well press the halves of the glass to each other. Remove excess silicone with a rubber spatula.
9. This view has the bottom of the box:
10. Next, grease with silicone the adjacent long and short sides of the bottom of the box.
11. Fasten 2 side windows. At the same time, we connect the sidewalls with silicone in the corner joint.
12. Lubricate the remaining sides of the bottom with silicone.
13. First, fasten the long side of the box.
14. Then we fix the short side of the box.
15. Until the silicone is dry, check with a square all sides.
16. Next, it is necessary to cut out the supports from the glass for the container in which the wax will be. To do this, cut out 2 squares 5 * 5 cm in size and two rectangles 5 * 30 cm in size.
17. Glue the stands at a distance from each other, departing from the edge on each side of 10 cm.
18. It is also necessary to cut 4 triangles to support the lid.
19. We fix the triangles in the corners of the box, while departing from the top edge of a size equal to the thickness of the glass cover.
20. The lid on the box will also be made of glass. For ease of use, you need to make pens on top of the lid. To do this, cut out 2 squares and 2 strips of the desired size.
21. Glue parts of the handles on the cover.
22. Cut out the protective parts for the cover.
23. Glue the protection on the outside along the edges of the cover.
24. Inside the wax refinery, several auxiliary glasses can be glued to support the wax container. The height of the tank can be adjusted using the boards.
25. In the finished wax refinery we install a container with wax raw materials and a container for clean wax.
26. The glass structure will be heated by solar heat from all sides. Thus, the wax will melt faster.
27. Thanks to the internal inclined design, clean wax quickly escapes into a free container.