Salted lard by many modern nutritionists is recognized as useful if it is consumed sparingly. Many people buy a paired product and salt it on their own. Sometimes it happens that the fat is too thin and it has a hard skin or a piece cut off from the abdomen and is not very suitable for pickling. In this case, a recipe for lard cooked in onion husks will come to the rescue.
Such salty fat turns beautiful and delicious. During the cooking process, the disadvantages are eliminated and the lard in the onion peel becomes soft.
To prepare boiled lard in onion husks you will need:
- fat 0.9 - 1.0 kg;
- salt 60 - 70 g;
- bulbs 5-6 pcs.;
- garlic 1/2 head;
- bay leaves 5 pcs.;
- water 1.4-1.5 l;
- peas peas 5 pcs.
Cooking lard in onion husks
1. Remove fat from the dirt with a knife, rinse and cut into pieces if necessary. For the preparation of fat in the husk, it is advisable to take pieces with a layer and not thicker than 3 cm. Pieces from the abdomen are ideal.
2. Put the lard in a suitable dish and sprinkle half of the salt on top. Leave the fat for a couple of hours on the table. Perhaps at home there is salty lard, which was not very pleasant to home to taste, it can also be cooked in onion husks.
3. Remove the top layer of husk from the bulbs. Put all the pan. Pour water into it.
4. Heat to a boil, cook for 8-9 minutes.
5. Pour the remaining salt into the onion broth, put bay leaves, peppercorns and put the lard.
6. Cook lard in husks for about 60 - 70 minutes. The process should take place under the cover.
7. Ready fat should cool slightly in the broth.
8. Remove the lard and sprinkle with chopped garlic.
9. Fold the boiled fat in the husk in a bag, tie it and send everything for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
After this, boiled lard can be used in cold cuts, for making sandwiches.