Lollipops, the main ingredient of which is granulated sugar, is an amazingly delicious treat originating from our childhood. They can be given any shape, color and aroma, but the sugar base remains unshakable for several centuries. Transparent circles, hearts, roosters on a stick are always popular and delight sweet tooth of different generations.
It’s not difficult to make candy at home. Moreover, the possibilities of a modern housewife are very wide. It’s worth a little effort, a little imagination and delicious home-made candies will appear in a vase on your table.
Homemade lollipops have several advantages over purchased ones:
- distinguished by excellent taste, pleasant smell and original design;
- they are prepared with love by the best chef - the mistress of the house;
- the composition of the treat includes only simple and affordable natural ingredients;
- chemical additives, preservatives and flavorings are not used.
For a classic recipe, you will need products that are always at hand:
- granulated sugar 200 g
- good water 5 tbsp. spoons.
- lemon juice 2 dessert spoons or 1 tbsp. spoon of 9% vinegar.
- some vegetable oil to grease the paper.
If you want to move away from the standard, you should stock up:
- small dragees and slices of marmalade to decorate candy;
- vanilla sugar, honey, ginger or ground cinnamon to add flavor.
Equipment and materials for the preparation of candies:
- deep stewpan or small saucepan with a thick bottom;
- a container of cold water for cooling the sugar mass;
- sticks, skewers, toothpicks with cut ends or tubules;
- baking paper or silicone dough board.
Now you can get to work.
Step-by-step recipe for homemade candies
Pour sugar into a saucepan, pour water. Bring to a boil over low heat. Boil, stirring, 5-7 minutes. At the end, add lemon juice or vinegar. Mix well. Vanilla, ginger or honey are also added in the final cooking phase. The temperature of the finished caramel should not be lower than 170-175 ° C.
In the absence of a culinary thermometer in the hostess's arsenal, the readiness of the syrup can be determined by the method of our grandmothers. If a hot drop in cold water is made solid and does not stick to your hands, the caramel is ready.
Little secret. So that the syrup does not stick to the walls of the dishes, during boiling it must be “pushed” with a brush dipped in cold water. In this way, loss of sugar mass can be avoided.
Act boldly, and then all the caramel will go into action.
When the syrup is boiled and ready to use, the stewpan should be removed from the heat, carefully placed in a container of cold water and cool a little.
Lightly grease baking paper or silicone board with vegetable oil. Gently pour the caramel in small circles, put the sticks.
Garnish with slices of marmalade and dragees. In order to better fix the sticks and jewelry on top, you can pour a little more syrup.
Everything is very simple, easy and pleasant.
If desired, cherries, seedless raisins, slices of pineapple, apple or banana can be inserted into the lollipop. It is necessary to add a couple of tablespoons of raspberry syrup, blackcurrant juice to the sugar mass or take 5-6 tbsp. Instead of water. tablespoons of milk, as the appearance, taste and color of the mouth-watering delicacy will completely change.
Homemade lollipops are much tastier and more varied than those offered in the store. In addition, a child can and should be involved in their preparation. Cooking is a wide field for the development of creative abilities. Fantasizing together, you will always surprise with surprises and gifts to guests, relatives, participants of the children's holiday.