Mackerel baked on the grill can be a quick improvisation when there is very little time left before unexpected guests arrive. The fish is pickled for an hour, baked almost instantly: it will take only 20 minutes for the sides of the carcass to become golden. Boiled and fried mackerel to taste can not be compared with baked fish on the grill. This dish is enjoyed by breaking small pieces with a fork. After baking, the fish acquires a different “status”; this dish can be accompanied by a glass of light white wine.
- mackerel - 2 pcs.,
- olive oil - 6 tbsp. l.,
- lemon juice - 2.5 tbsp. l.,
- soy sauce - 4 tbsp. l.,
- dry spices (Provence herbs or dried seasoning for fish) - 2 tbsp. l.,
- salt - 1 tsp.
The sequence of preparation of mackerel on the grill
1. The ideal option is to throw freshly caught mackerel onto the grill. Then seasonings are not needed, it will be possible to do only with salt and lemon juice. To make the frozen fish tasty, she will have to pay more attention. Whole large fatty mackerel is baked.
2. Carcasses are cut, the insides are taken out, washed. Very often, mackerel is baked with the head, having previously removed the gills. But headless baked fish look more appetizing, so you should get rid of inedible parts in advance.
3. Washing the carcasses under a stream of cold water, scrape the inner black films with a thin knife. Squeeze lemon juice, water the fish.
4. The carcasses are lightly rubbed with salt on all sides, they take a little salt. Watered mackerel with soy sauce and vegetable oil.
5. Sprinkle mackerel seasonings. You can take any hot spices. Particularly diligently lubricate the inside of the carcasses. Fish belly fill with lemon peel.
6. Dishes with mackerel are refrigerated for 60 minutes. Prolonged pickling leads to excessive softening of mackerel.
7. Mackerel is baked on the grill, as it can slide directly from the skewers into the barbecue. The grate does not need to be lubricated, the oil marinade will not allow the fish to stick to the metal.
8. Mackerel is baked for 10-12 minutes on each side. At the same time, pickled onions and mushrooms can be laid out on the wire rack. During baking, mackerel is watered with the remnants of soy-lemon marinade.
9. The fish is placed on a large plate, surrounded by lemon circles and herbs. When serving, fish is cut, a lemon slice is placed on each piece of mackerel.
10. At a picnic, grilled mackerel is served without a side dish, limited to bread and spicy sauce.
11. The cooled mackerel does not at all look like hot. Many bake mackerel and refrigerate it, and serve it only the next day. From cold mackerel excellent pastes are obtained. The flesh of one fish is freed from bones, combined with two tablespoons of thick mayonnaise, whipped, knead with a fork. It turns out a lush homogeneous paste mass. Diced onions are diced, put in a paste. Ground black pepper, coriander powder and whole grains of caraway seeds are added. Baked mackerel paste is spread on rye bread.
12. If hot baked mackerel becomes an integral part of dinner, you can serve it with mashed potatoes and a salad of fresh vegetables.