Thick liquor from summer dandelions is an unforgettable digestif that you can surprise guests by putting a bottle with a bright drink on the table. The “flower” of the taste is noticeably present: the colder the liquor, the richer the “dandelion note”. This wonderful alcoholic drink needs only a two-day infusion. This is its "competitive advantage" over other liquors, which are forced to languish for weeks in dark, cool rooms. Dandelion liquor can be served with ice cream.
- dandelions - 1 liter jar,
- sugar - 700 g
- vodka - 250 ml
- water - 100 ml (optional),
- citric acid - 1/3 tsp
The sequence of preparation of dandelion liquor
1. The taste of flower liquors depends on the time of collection of plants. Tear off dandelions, warmed by the midday sun. Flowers collected on a damp and cloudy day seem to be “grassy”; the floral smell inherent only to them does not fully manifest.
2. There should be enough dandelions so that the flower heads fill a completely liter jar. Having measured the required number of flowers, they begin to "cut" the buds. The green bases of the buds are quickly cut with scissors, the yellow petals are put in a bowl.
3. Petals are washed, laid out on a paper towel.
4. In a liter jar put 2 tablespoons of sugar, level the granulated sugar.
5. 2 tablespoons of dandelion petals are poured over sugar.
6. Alternate sugar and floral layers. When the jar is half full, citric acid is poured.
7. Continue to alternate layers, placing in a jar all measured sugar and all flower petals.
8. A large wooden spoon or rolling pin slightly knead the petals. The jar is tied with gauze and put on a sunny windowsill. Infusion time is two days.
9. If the weather is hot, all sugar is dissolved in dandelion juice. Filter the liquid, throw away the petals. The real dandelion syrup is mixed with vodka. If the weather was cool, all sugar will not dissolve in 2 days, and it is not advisable to insist the petals longer. In this case, the entire contents of the can is transferred to the pan, heated over low heat for 4-5 minutes until the sugar is completely dissolved.
10. The cooled liquid is filtered through a sieve or gauze, squeeze the petals. It will turn out a sweet and sour syrup of dark yellow color.
11. The cooled syrup is mixed with vodka, the color of the liquor becomes light yellow.
12. Cold boiled or spring water is added only if you intend to reduce the degree of the drink. Ready dandelion liquor is poured into a bottle with a well-fitting lid, the dishes are placed in the refrigerator.
13. Dandelion liquor served cold. A five-minute visit to the freezer will benefit the drink.