Sea fish is the richest source of high-grade protein, healthy fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Its use in food has a positive effect on human health, slows down the aging process. Many peoples living near the seas have their own national preferences in the preparation of sea fish. The Swedes are fried herring. In this country, fried herring in Swedish serves as fast food. Very often, fried herring is served with pickled onions, mashed potatoes.
To prepare four servings of herring in Swedish you need:
- herring, preferably Pacific, 2 pcs., weighing approximately 300 g each;
- butter, natural, creamy 50 g;
- dill 30 g;
Step by step recipe for cooking fish
1. Cut herring into fillet with pitted skin and head. To do this, remove the head, cut the abdomen, remove the insides. Make an incision along the ridge, remove the spine, remove the costal bones. Rinse and dry the resulting halves.
2. Prepared fish salt and pepper to taste, sprinkled with finely chopped dill.
3. Bread the prepared herring fillet in flour; you can take both white wheat and dark rye flour.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan and lay the fish fillet skin down. Despite the fact that the herring is fried in Swedish mainly in butter, if desired, it can be replaced with vegetable or cook fish with a mixture of these oils.
5. After 5-6 minutes, the fish is turned over and fried on the other side.
6. Put the fried herring for a couple of minutes on a piece of paper to absorb excess oil.
Swedish herring can be served with vegetables, pickled onions or mashed potatoes.