There are a great variety of marinade recipes for barbecue and portioned pieces of meat baked on the grill. Soaking meat in fermented milk products, tomato juice, kiwi pulp and citrus fruits, soy sauce, mustard, mayonnaise with the addition of vegetable oil, all kinds of aromatic herbs, spices and spices helps soften the fibers of the product, so that the pieces fried on charcoal from all sides become tender, juicy, soft and acquire additional flavoring notes.
Most often, gardeners take pork for barbecue, cutting the most delicious pieces from the collar, adrenal gland, shoulder blade or back. But today we want to share with our readers a recipe for amazingly delicious and fragrant beef skewers. Having tasted pieces of meat soaked in mineral water and pickled in juice and zest of sweet and sour citrus fruit, which when roasted exude a delightful mint-spicy aroma and acquire a delicious taste, you will forever become fans of this recipe.
Shish kebab ingredients
- beef tenderloin - 1 kg.
- onions of several varieties (Yalta blue, white, ordinary onion) - 0.6 kg;
- vegetable pepper red or orange - 4 large fruits;
- ordinary soy sauce or with the addition of ginger, garlic and mushrooms - 1 cup;
- feathers of green onions and / or garlic - 1 bunch;
- fresh garden herbs to taste (basil, cilantro, parsley, celery, dill, arugula) - 1 bunch.
- lemon - 1 pc.;
- grapefruit - 1 pc.;
- orange - 1 pc.;
- fresh mint - 1 bunch;
- sea food salt - 1 teaspoon;
- oregano (fresh oregano) - 5 leaves;
- unrefined olive seed oil - 35 ml;
- highly carbonated mineral water - 1 liter.
Cooking a gentle kebab
- Rinse the meat and cut into small cubes.
- Place in an enameled pan, fill with soda, cover with a plate and put under oppression for 1.5 hours.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing freshly squeezed juice of all citrus fruits, lemon zest chopped on a fine grater, chopped peppermint leaves, oregano and adding vegetable oil.
- Drain the water from the container, salt the meat pieces, fill with the marinade and mix thoroughly.
- The minimum time for marinating meat is 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Wash the fruits of bell pepper, remove the seeds and the place of attachment of the stalk from the inside, cut into 4-6 parts with plates.
- String portioned meat on dry skewers, alternating them with pepper.
- Fry the barbecue on the smoldering coals left after burning wood from fruit trees in the grill.
- Peel the turnip and cut it into thick rings.
- Marinate onions in soy sauce for several hours.
- Simultaneously with the barbecue, fry the onions on a wire rack or skewers.
- Rinse leafy greens, feathers of onions and garlic.
- Serve the meat on a platter with baked pepper and pickled fried onions as a side dish, decorating the masterpiece with twigs or green leaves. Alternatively, parsley, basil and arugula can be finely chopped or grated into a paste, mixed with olive oil.
According to reviews of experienced gourmets, dry red wine, for example, Cabernet, mineral water or koumiss, is perfect for beef skewers. Enjoy your summer gatherings under the bonfire and guitar every season!